Hey my fabulous peeps!
I got my learner’s license last weekend. Woot woot!
If you are going to apply for one, you’ve come to the right place!
- You have to fill in the online application form. Make sure you choose the 1st or 3rd Saturday. The RTO, Andheri is closed on 2nd and 4th Saturdays. Even if you do schedule it on the 2nd or 4th Saturday, you’ll receive an email and it will be scheduled on the next working Saturday.
- You should know the signs/symbols perfectly. Know the Act, what year it was made in etc.
- Refer to online web sites and solve their practice test.
On the Test day:
- I got down at Andheri station (West), took a rickshaw to the RTO. It did cost around 40rs.
- You have to go to the back side of the building. Ask around where to go to give your learner’s. I wish there were signs present.
- Once you enter, get your documents verified. Pay. Get the receipt, and get your data entered. They will take a picture of you there, so make sure you look good if you want a nice picture of yourself.
- Enter the hall. You will have a number on you receipt, sit at that place only.
- You will have a powerpoint presentation in front of you. The questions will be displayed on the screen.
- The questions will be read out by the speaker in marathi.
- Only after listening to questions and the options, a 10 second timer will start. Within 10 seconds you must choose your answer and press down the correct button. If you press down the button before or after that 10 second time period, your answer will not get recorded.
- The test was alright. There were some questions that were wierd. Like:
How are the license plates printed?
a. White backround with black ink
b. Yellow backround with black ink
c. Yellow background with white inkI choose white background with black ink, luckily. But I have seen the rickshaw plates with yellow backround and black ink.
- I scored 17/20. The passing is 12/20 (60%). It is not very tough.
- You will get your learners license within 10 mintures. It is that quick. I really liked that.
All the best!
Resources I refered to:
Documents I took:
- Original Voter’s ID card (Very important)
- Original Adhaar Card
After Learner’s license:
Within 6 months, I have to get my permanent license. I am practicing and hopefully I get my permanent too!
Anyways, that is all. Hope you liked it!
What was your experience like?
Please do comment, share and subscribe!